Training in the prevention of money laundering
The current legislation obliges entities subject to the rules on the prevention of money laundering to keep updated of the legislative changes that affect them. For this reason, it establishes the need to prove that they have trained their employees correctly, being recommended the collaboration of a third expert in the field.
According to this, at PBK Asesores we can advise you on the preparation of the annual training plan for your organization so that it can be approved by the Internal Control Body, complying with the requirements of the regulations on the prevention of money laundering.
We can also provide training courses on the prevention of money laundering, configured according to the needs of the user:
- Courses of a generic nature:. They are basic level and are addressed to all employees in general.
- Courses of a specific nature:. Designed for the training of the executives of the entity, as well as for the components of the Internal Control Body or the Technical Unit.
Our courses are face to face, and are taught by qualified personnel, with a long history of providing training courses in money laundering prevention. However, if due to the characteristics of the entity or to the geographical location of the work centres it is not possible to gather them to attend the on-site training courses, we can also organize distance and online courses..
The extension of the courses will depend on the needs of each obligated subject, placing special emphasis on adapting the operation and activity to the regulations in force. Likewise, normally the staff of PBK Asesores will travel to the facilities of the entity for the delivery of the course. At the end of it, attendees will take a test in order to assess the degree of profit of the training provided.
Subsequently, a certificate or report is issued with the objective that the obliged subject has documentary evidence with which to be able to prove compliance with the legal obligation to provide training to the people working in the entity.
For information purposes, article 29 of Law 10/2010, of April 28, on the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism, establishes that:
"The obligated subjects will adopt the appropriate measures so that their employees have knowledge of the requirements derived from this Law.
These measures will include the duly accredited participation of employees in specific courses of permanent training aimed at detecting operations that may be related to money laundering or terrorist financing and instructing them on how to proceed in such cases. The training actions will be the subject of an annual plan that, designed according to the risks of the business sector of the obligated party, will be approved by the internal control body. "
Additionally, and in accordance with the provisions of article 39 of the Regulations of Law 10/2010, approved by Royal Decree 304/2014, of May 5:
- The obliged subjects will approve an annual training plan on the prevention of money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
- The training plan will be based on the identified risks, and will provide specific training actions for the executives, employees and agents of the obliged subject. Such training actions, which must be appropriately accredited, will be consistent with the degree of responsibility of the recipients and the level of risk of the activities they develop.
- Annually, the obligated subjects will document the degree of compliance with the training plan. The annual external examination will assess the adequacy of the training actions carried out by the obliged subject. "